Chicken Bacon Ranch Pot Pie with Phyllo Dough
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts in 1" cubes
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 each of a red, orange & yellow bell pepper
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 package of ranch seasoning powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 16oz sleeve of phyllo dough, brought to room temperature
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- optional garnish, fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook bacon in an oven-safe skillet "until halfway done"
- Add chicken to skillet and brown on all sides
- Season with paprika, cumin, salt & pepper
- Add mirepoix (carrot, onion & celery) and peppers to skillet. Cook until translucent (about 8-10 minutes)
- Add garlic, sour cream, ranch packet and red pepper flakes. Mix until everything is coated.
- Layer with phyllo dough & drizzle with melted butter
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let it cool for 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh thyme before serving.